See info on scheduling the COVID vaccine in Oklahoma, and resources in Muskogee for food, shelter, and more.
HUMAN SERVICES/SOCIAL SERVICES
The Department of Human Services (DHS) office is closed but it continues to work for you. Your DHS caseworker is on the job but may be working from home.
- If you are already a client of DHS, your paperwork will have the home or personal phone number of your caseworker. Call your caseworker directly to discuss your needs.
- If you are not yet a client of DHS, and need to find out if you are eligible for Energy Assistance, Food Benefits, SoonerCare Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, or Child Care.
- Phone the Muskogee County DHS (918-684-5300 or 1-800-815-7573) or
- Visit OKDHSlive! Online (https://www.okdhslive.org/),
The Veterans Administration (VA) office is closed but it continues to work for you. Your VA caseworker is on the job but may be working from home.
- If you have already signed up for VA services, your paperwork will have the home or personal phone number of your caseworker. Call your caseworker directly to discuss your needs.
- If you are not yet signed up for VA services or need to find out what services are available to you as a veteran, call the Benefits Office +1 800-827-1000 or visit the website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/muskogee/
SHELTERS and HOUSING
Gospel Rescue Mission — +1 918-682-3489
Address: 323 Callahan St, Muskogee, OK 74403, United States
Salvation Army — +1 918-682-3384
Address: 700 Independence Ave, Muskogee, OK 74403, United States
MUSKOGEE HOUSING ASSISTANCE CORPORATION/HUD Authority — +918-687-6301
Address: 220 No 40th, Muskogee, OK 74401
Although listed as a Food pantry on Internet searches, the Ark is not a food pantry. Please go to:
First Baptist Church 1 918-351-8771
On the west side of Muckogee
corner of 8th and Boston streets, directly behind the Muskogee Public Library
First United Methodist Church +918-682-3368
On the east side of Muskogee
600 E Okmulgee St
INFORMATION & REFERRAL SERVICES
- Phone: Dial 2-1-1 for resource information 24/7
- From outside the state to get information for someone inside the state call toll-free
- 877-362-1606 (Oklahoma City and Western Oklahoma) or
- 877-836-2111 (Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma)
- Text: 211OK to 898211.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion/exclusion policy or to update your agency profile. No referrals for services are provided through this email
Area Agency on Aging (Services for Seniors)
1012 N 38th Street, Muskogee, OK
General phone number: 918-682-7891
http://www.eoddok.org/area-agency-on-aging (with the phone numbers and emails for specific services)