If you are homeless, the Ark provides free, drop-in Continental Breakfast at 10:00am and Lunch at 12:00 noon on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 401 E. Broadway in Muskogee.
To participate safely, just follow these guidelines to protect everybody from contracting the coronavirus:
- We may need to limit how many can enter the building at one time. That is to be sure that everyone can sit a safe distance from others, so we all stay safe. Be prepared to wait if you must, while we are working as efficiently as we can to get everyone a meal.
- (While waiting, please stay at least 6 feet away from others who are also waiting. Please also, avoid touching, sneezing or coughing on each other, kissing or hugging. You can still communicate from that distance, but it is a distance to avoid the spread of the virus.)
- When you enter the building go straight to the appropriate men’s or women’s room and wash your hands with soap and water. Sing Happy Birthday to yourself as you do that, and you will have washed for the amount of time that removes the virus.
- Please, no handshakes, hugging or kissing. You can greet each other with a wave, a nod, or place your hand over your heart and smile.
- Sign in and wipe down the pen/pencil with the cloth provided
- Get your plate from the volunteer servers
- Take a seat at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from other people (you can still hear or see them to visit)
- When you have finished eating, take your dishes to the kitchen counter and get the cleaning items (a spray bottle of Clorox water and a paper towel or a Clorox wipe). Use them to wipe down the place where you sat during your meal–wipe the table and your chair so the next person has a virus-free place to sit.
- Wash your hands again with soap and water before you leave.